Best Valorant Settings For High FPS and Ultimate Performance
Valorant has been an exceptional game. I really enjoy playing it, I think Riot did a fantastic job with the gameplay. On the other side of the coin, I think they released the game way too earlier. That is to say, the game isn’t properly optimized, and the performance is just horrible. Whenever I’m playing, there are always FPS Drops, Sutters, and Crashes. Now if you are facing constant crashes in Valorant, make sure you read our previous in-depth guide to stop them. On the other hand, this guide will completely enhance your Valorant performance. You will see a massive increase in FPS, Smoothness, and the overall gameplay. Just make sure you are clearly following all the steps mentioned below. Let’s begin!
Nvidia Control Panel Settings
First and foremost, you should Optimise Valorant from Nvidia Control Panel. We will add the game in the GeForce Panel, and tweak its settings to get High FPS and Ultimate Performance. Here is how you can do this
- Right-Click Desktop > Nvidia Control Panel.
- Under Adjust Image Settings, Change Image Settings from 3D Application to Use the Advanced CD Image Settings. Also, make sure, Afterward Hit Apply
- Now Go to Manage Settings, and Add Valorant under Program to Customize. Best Nvidia Settings For Valorant
- Now Change Your Settings from the default to these Best Nvidia Settings For Valorant
- Image Sharpening – Use Global setting (off).
Anisotropic Filtering – Off.
Antialiasing – FXAA – Off.
Antialiasing – Gamma Correction – Off.
Antialiasing Mode – Off.
Antialiasing – Setting – None.
Antialiasing – Transparency – Off.
Cuda – GPUs All (Ignore it if you don’t have Sli, just select the default graphics card).
Low Latency Mode – Ultra.
Max Frame Rate – Use Global Settings (Off).
Monitor Technology – G-Sync Compatible (Optional, choose it based on preference).
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) – Off.
Vertical Sync – Off.
Triple Buffering – Off.
Virtual Reality – pre-rendered frames – 1.
Texture Filetiring – High Performance.
Preferred Refresh Rate – Highest Available.
Shader Cache – Off.
Power Management Mode – Prefer Maximum Performance.
Update Drivers to The Latest Version
Nvidia has very recently released new Drivers, that have significantly enhanced Valorant Performance. Here is how you can update them.
- Open Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Click on Search For Updates.
- If your drivers aren’t updated, New One’s Will be automatically downloaded. If not, it’ll tell you, you have the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver.
- On the other hand, if you are encountering issues with GeForce Experience. Just jump over this Nvidia page, and download the latest drivers.
AMD Radeon Settings For Valorant
Before we jump straight into AMD Crimson Settings. Make sure you have the latest AMD Radeon Graphic Drivers Installed. You can update to the latest drivers by going to the AMD Website, and Downloading the Auto-Detect and Install Radeon Graphics Drivers for Windows.
Once Your latest drivers are installed. Just go ahead and follow the steps below to get high FPS and Ultimate Performance in Valorant.
- Open AMD Control Panel, Head over to Gaming > Games and then Select Global Graphics AMD Radeon Settings For Valorant
- Afterward, you will see numerous Graphic Profiles, that have different settings.
- For High FPS and Ultimate Performance, we need to select eSports, because it’ll significantly improve performance and lower visuals.
Under the eSports Graphics Tab, Change your Settings to the following
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Enabled
- Radeon Chill – Disabled
- Radeon Boost – Disabled
- Radeon Image Sharpening – Enabled
- Sharpness – whatever seems the best choice for you.
- Wait for Vertical Refresh – Always off, because you don’t input lag and FPS to be stuck on 60 FPS.
- Now Click Advance and more settings will appear. Make sure you change these as well. AMD Radeon Settings For Valorant
Now change the advanced settings as well.
- Anti-Aliasing – Use Application Settings
- Anti-Aliasing Method – Multisampling
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing – Disabled
- Anisotropic Filtering – Disabled
- Texture Filtering Quality – Performance
- Surface Format Optimization – Enabled
- Tessellation Mode – Override application settings
- Maximum Tessellation Level – Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering – Disabled
- Reset Shader Cache – Perform Reset
Afterward, go to the Display Tab Right next to the graphics. Set all settings according to your preference. If you are a competitive player, and you simply want the highest FPS. Just Make sure, Radeon FreeSync and GPU Scaling mode are off.
Once you have applied all of these tweaks to your AMD & Nvidia Control Panels. There will be a significant Performance increase in all of the games, not just Valorant. Further, I won’t recommend jumping straight to Valorant and Checking up on FPS. There are other important steps left. Congrats on finishing 1/3 of the guide though.
Windows 10 Settings
Apart from Enhancing the Valorant Application. We must also configure a lot of tweaks within the Windows 10 itself. That is to say, we will focus on increasing power, reducing the load on PC, and in general, optimizing the overall Windows 10 for excellent gaming experience. So let’s begin!
Unlocking Maximum Performance Plan of Windows 10
By default, the Ultimate Performance Plan isn’t unlocked. Therefore, we have to do it through Windows Powershell.
- Start > Search for Windows PowerShell
- Once Opened, Paste the code mentioned below.
- powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02 -d5df -448d -aa00 -03f14749eb61
- Once done, go to Search > Power Options.
- Change from Balance to Ultimate Performance.
- Once done, you will see an instant difference in Valorant’s FPS.
Optimizing Visuals Effects to Lower CPU Usage in Windows 10
- Go To Start > Search This PC > Select My PC Properties
- Under Properties, Click on Advanced System Settings
- Now Go to Advanced Tab, and Under Performance, Click on Settings
Performance Option Window Will Appear. Copy the settings down below from the picture and apply them on your PC.
- After you make the changes, Hit Apply and Ok.
These settings are going to reduce load on CPU & Memory. Apart from that, things like animation and overall responsiveness will also be significantly improved.
Disabling High Priority Applications Running in Background
Valorant requires huge chunks of memory. So in order to provide it with enough, we must disable the useless applications that are running in the background consuming half of our memory. These applications are usually things like Dropbox, Skype, or Discord. Further, they automatically start along with your PC. Therefore, you barely notice them. Let’s disable these applications from startup.
- Right Click on Taskbar > Select Task Manager
- Afterward, Select Startup Tab, and Disable all the applications that have High and Medium priority.
- You can do this by right-clicking on the specific application, and choosing the disable option
After disabling, simply close the task manager, and the next time you boot up your PC. You will see a huge improvement in your load times. Along with that, you will also see an incredible FPS Boost in Valorant.
Further Optimising Windows 10 For Max Performances in Games
- Head over to start > search msconfig
- Now go to boot and click Advanced Options
- Under Advanced Options, Make sure Number of processors are enabled, and set them to highest value available
- Once Done, Hit Apply, and Restart your PC or Laptop.
Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision
If you are a gamer using a PC. I’ll highly recommend you turn off Enhance Pointer Precision. This feature is the same as Mouse Acceleration, and players have found out that when enabled, the mouse movement is inconsistent. Apart from that, players using budget PC’s have also noticed a significant difference in performance, when it’s disabled. Here is how you can disable it, and get more consistent performance in any game.
- Type Mouse Settings in Search Bar
- A Window like this would appear. Further, click on Additional Mouse Options
- Now Mouses Properties window will appear. Just go to the Pointer Options Tab, and Disable “Enhance Pointer Precision”
Once Done, Just Hit Apply and Ok.
Windows 10 Game Settings
Microsoft Windows 10 has a built-in feature called Game Mode. What it does is that it fully optimizes your PC for gaming. Therefore, it instantly kills any applications that are sucking performance from your CPU and GPU. If you are a streamer, do not bother enabling this option, as it can create issues for the OBS running in the background.
- Head Over to Start > Search Game Mode.
- Window Like this should Appear. Just Enable Game Mode.
- Now go to Captures Below Game Bar, and make sure everything is disabled
- Do the same under Broadcasting as well.
Best Valorant Settings
In this section, we will strictly focus on Valorant Application and in-game settings. These settings’ main focus would be to give you Max FPS and Incredible Performance. Therefore, you might see a little bad visual. But I can promise you that the degrading of those visuals are completely worth it. In other words, higher FPS is always a suitable choice. Just follow the steps below!
- Right Click Valorant Shortcut on Desktop
- Go to Compatibility, and make sure “Disable Full Screen Optimization” is enabled
- Afterward, hit Apply and Ok.
Best Valorant Graphics Settings
Once you have made the changes suggested above. Its time to finally change Valorant in-game settings. You can do this by Opening Valorant, Going to Settings > Video > GEneral.
Valorant General Settings
- Resolution: If you are getting low frames, I’ll recommend using anything below 1920×1080, or whatever your highest resolution is. Likewise, if the frames were still inconsistent, you can further lower it. Note, that visuals are slightly affected in lower resolutions.
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- Monitor: Whatever your primary monitor is
- Aspect Ratio Method: Letterbox
- Limit FPS on Battery: off, doesn’t really matter if you are using PC.
- Max FPS on Battery: Once Again, a laptop feature. Just choose anything above 30 FPS.
- Limited FPS in Menus: On, will help in minimizing Valorant instantly.
- Max FPS in Menu: Enter your Refresh Rate Value or anything below it, doesn’t really matter
- Max FPS in Background: 30.0, helps to minimize.
- Limited FPS Always: Off, because it can significantly lower your FPS
- Max FPS Always: 60.0, because animations and responsiveness in Main Menu will be good.
Once you have applied these changes to General Tab. Now go to the Graphics Quality section, and apply the changes recommended below. These settings are enhanced to get Max FPS and excellent performance in Valorant. Therefore, you might see a little drop in overall Visuals quality.
Valorant Graphics Quality
- Material Quality: Low
- Texture Quality: Low
- Detail Quality: Low
- UI Quality: Low
- Vignette: Off
- VSync: Off (Highly Recommended to turn it off)
- Anti-Aliasing: None
- Anisotropic Filtering: 1x
- Improve Clarity: Off
- Bloom: Off (personnel preference, won’t make a huge difference in FPS)
- Distortion: Off
- First Person Shadows: Off
Applying changes to the General and Graphics Quality Tab will significantly improve your Frame Rates. Along with that, you will also see better responsiveness, clear visuals, and overall performance. Once you are done with these two tabs, make sure you also apply some changes in the Stats section.
- Client FPS: Text Only
- Server Tick Rate: Hide
- Total Frame Time: Hide
- CPU Frame Time: Hide
- GPU Frame Time: Hide
- Network Round Trip Time: Text Only
- Packet Loss: Hide