How To Uninstall Fortnite | GameCMD
Majority of the Fortnite universe have no idea on how to uninstall Fortnite. This can be very frustrating especially if Fortnite keeps crashing on your PC even after optimizing its settings to suit your hardware capabilities. Fortnite uses Epic Games launcher, a game launcher that is notoriously hard to uninstall. To completely uninstall Fortnite, you first need to know how to uninstall the Epic installer.
When you completely uninstall Fortnite it should at the same time uninstall Battleye on Fortnite. If by any chance Battleye is not uninstalled, you may have to redownload and install/uninstall Fortnite several times to get rid of it.
READ ALSO: How to Dance in Fortnite Battle Royale
To uninstall Fortnite on PC, you have to delete the Fortnite folder in your Epic Games Launcher folder.
Pro Tip: If you get a warning pointing out that you can’t delete Fortnite because it is in use, launch Task Manager and find the Fortnite process. Kill the process and try to delete the Fortnite folder again.
How to uninstall Fortnite on Mac
To uninstall Fortnite on Mac you need to delete the Fortnite folder. Here is the right way to do it
- Step 1: Close all running programs
- Step 2: Open the Fortnite application folder which you will find when you click on the hard disk button
- Step 3: Drag the Fortnite folder to the trash icon and then empty the trash to uninstall it.
NB: if for some reason this does not work you drag the Epic games Launcher folder instead of the Fortnite folder. This could also seal the deal.
How to uninstall Fortnite on Windows 10
- Step 1: Press the windows button on your PC
- Step 2: Choose “All Apps” and find Fortnite on the list and right click on it and from the options choose uninstall
- Step 3: Follow the instructions given to uninstall the game
- Step 1: Press the Windows button and open settings
- Step 2: From settings type “Programs and features.” on the search bar
- Step 3: From the search results choose Programs and Features
- Step 4: From the game list highlight Fortnite
- Step 5: Choose Uninstall/Remove and follow the instructions to uninstall Fortnite
READ ALSO: How to Fix Epic Games Launcher Not Opening
Fortnite is in a big family of other games like Infinity Blade, Robo Recall and Battle Breakers from the Epic Games development house. The game developer uses the launcher as a convenient all under one roof to manage their ever-growing inventory of games whilst giving gamers a chance to explore and discover new content without launching a browser. This means that the above guide will not only work for Fortnite but also for all other Epic Games titles.